Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lesson of the day

Ok so this is a venting blog, I don't do them often so I thought I would on this SPECIAL occasion. Sorry to those of you who are waiting for my Russia blog...its coming I promise.

Well, here goes...

I REALLY need to learn to be able to be …RUDE. It really would have helped today in the park when a pedophile (can I still say that even though I am over 18?) was flirting with me.
Story… I was minding my own business, lying in the grass next to the water under a little shade tree, ducks and geese all around. I had a good book, some music and cold water.

Then a man walked up to me and started talking/flirting with me. (I am NOT using the word flirting to make me feel good about myself or attractive or any of that, believe me he WAS flirting…and I am not using that word lightly). This went on for a good 25 minuets. To get out of it I tried hinting.
EX: I told him that a friend was supposed to be calling me and I would be leaving...he didn’t get the hint. At one point he said "so did you come out here and read to be alone?" I said "Yes!!" The guess what...he DIDN'T leave. OMGosh!!
I even tried texting a friend (who will go unnamed) to call me. It said "Call me NOW please." Did she...nope! She may have been busy or maybe she thought it was a joke. IDK. (I’m not mad habibi I promise, just still freaking out a bit). I even have a template text in my phone now that says “Please call me NOW. 911 For real.” A friend of mine told me I should have one.The 33 year old perv talked to me and told me his LIFE story, and then tried to get mine. Then he MADE me put his number in my phone, and told me to call him. He said anytime and he would answer and we could get together and he would share his wisdom with me. (What and the heck kind of wisdom is he talking about?) Then as he was about to ask me for mine when a little boy came up and started messing with him and he forgot to ask. HALLELUJAH!! A little later his phone rang and he had to leave. PRAISE THE LORD. Right when he turned around I left. He interrupted my peaceful time and wonderful book. See if I ever go out to a park to sit out, read and try and tan again. At least not in Fairfield... I guess that was the first problem. HA!!

Note: You may think I am making a BIG deal out of nothing, but in Fairfield you don’t just talk to random men. You will get more than conversation, for real.

P.S. Why couldn’t it have been a cute 23 year instead of a nasty 33 year old. GROSE!! I’m done venting now, if you read this thanks for “listening”! You are free to laugh! =)

3 comments:

Liz said...

well, these pics didn't show on your myspace but now that i see them, i wish i was there with you! this looks like such a pretty park and maybe if there were two of us, that guy wouldn't have come by!

Yvonne said...

Oh if you were there he would have come even faster...I mean look at you.

Lol! I love you!!

When you come to F.F. I will take you to this park, its where I took my senior pictures. Its pretty with trees, a fountain and some water with fish and lotsa ducks.

Love you hottie! lol

Liz said...

aww you make me smile! :]
thanks for the wonderful compliment!
and i can't wait to come with you and take pics over there. hehe.