Frustrating All Families Since it's Alpha*
*Alpha means beginning for those of you who didn't know. What can I say? I needed an A.
Ok so once again it is time to fill out the FAFSA...oh what joy. I wish it was a joy. I am starting to think that the trouble that one, or at least most have to go through to fill out the FAFSA isn't worth the money. Don't get me wrong I am very thankful for the money and it helps me a lot, but the process is…painful.
So I am sitting in my room today, or maybe yesterday and I hear one of my roommates on the phone with her dad, you can hear the frustration in her voice. Why? FAFSA
My roomie gets back from her weekend at home, and tells me how her dad "yelled" at her this weekend; it almost brought my poor roomie to tears. I was shocked, they never argue. Why?? FAFSA, of course.
Today I call my mom because I forgot the paper with my pin on it back home. I know exactly where it is. She can't find it right away so she gets frustrated, which lead to a migraine so she told me she would call back. Later she calls me again and "swears" that the papers are not where I told her they were, I assured her that they were. This disagreement led to an argument and in tears I hung up on her. (I know that wasn't nice) She calls me back and she is already raising her voice so I told her to call me back when she cools down (still crying). She called me back a few minuets ago and guess what…it was exactly where I told her it was so she was apologizing and crying. All of this happened over what??? Guess???? FAFSA, yet again.
Ok so I am totally relieved that my mom found the papers so I can do my FAFSA, but I am still not looking forward to it. I have the worst "luck" ever when it comes to Financial Aid stuff…just ask my roomie Liz. Nothing ever works out. FAFSA paperwork in March turns into FAFSA paper work for months.
Ok well I don't usually vent in blogs, so I think I have done enough. If you read all the way through, thank you. And for all you college students out there going through the same thing, I am deeply sorry and I know exactly how you feel.
Still Breathing,
Yvonne

1 comment:
ugh plus it never ends for us cuz we always get the stinkin verification thing!!!!!!
:/
well i guess that's life...
(Btw, this is blogspot not myspace :D lol)
Post a Comment